We’ve been slacking a bit with the updates (and remembering to photograph practically anything we’ve made in the past 6 months), but we’re making a concerted effort to be less lazy. In that vein, we’ve got a few new things to report on:
- We’ve posted a whole slew of new bottles to our Liquor Cabinet, and instituted a new system for marking bottled DECEASED once we’ve finished them and decided they aren’t worth replacing. No point in purchasing something we don’t enjoy with so much great booze out there. We got a bunch of pretty great stuff this time, even if most of it is whiskey.
- Started a new shrub last night: Lemon Lime & Star Anise, so in about a week we’ll see what we can do with that.
- We also made a rather unusual syrup that we’ll be posting about once we work it into a drink. Earlier this week has me inspired, so I’m going to venture a guess that tequila will pop up in there somewhere.
- Finally, we’ve started 4 new batches of bitters. Those will be setting for a while. but once they’re done, Jen and I are hoping to do another giveaway for any that turn out nicely. We had a lot of fun with that last time. I’ll put together a post with the recipes for step 1 of the bitters later today.
More on all those coming up shortly!